Until today, I didn't know
or at least didn't realize
I was afraid to let things show
so others wouldn't criticize
I am the root cause of all
the problems of my past
lack of self-worth deep inside
hidden behind my mask
I'm the reason he was able to,
with much condemnation, crumble
There's a difference between
lack of self-esteem and being humble
Finally out of the prison of criticism
and stepping into trust,
bend down, pick up the pieces
of myself that had fallen into dust
Trying to find the me I lost
from among the pieces on the ground
Have to stop hating me
or no peace will ever be found
I didn't know I felt this way
till all alone these past few days
afraid of everything I say
nothing I do is right in anyway
Look around and see the truth
must have been there from my youth
Clearer now, in my children I also see it
break the bondage, Lord help me free it
~Sandra Jane Nelson
Lord set me free from this condemnation I hold over my head, and my children from the self-condemnation that they feel that leads them to not seek help and guidance, to be afraid to ask for things, to cry out when they feel they cannot do anything right...
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Romans 8:1)
No comments:
Post a Comment