Saturday, April 27, 2013

Don't want this flesh

Take me Father from this place
I am ashamed to show my face
I took advantage of your grace
thoughts and actions so abase

Your faithfulness I don't deserve
to your straight road, I made a curve
Don't want to be here any more
Don't want this flesh in which I war

Just spirit is all I want to be
My Father's spirit overflowing in me
Leading me through the path HE laid
Keeping me from the life of pain

Every step I lead on my own
is a step away from my King's throne
There is nothing good in me
but the spirit you gave to be free

Don't want emotions that lie to me
or hold me captive though I plea
Don't want the flesh easily broken
to catch on words easily spoken

All I can count on is your love
perfect, eternal from heaven above
remind me often it's you I follow
The world's a pill  forced to swallow

All I want to know is you Lord
Everything else, the sharp sword
the enemy that stabs you in the back
Faith in you is what I lack

Help me, father, for I am weak
Don't want this flesh, your will I seek
Don't want these feelings, this heart which beats
I have no room for its defeat

Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength

No comments:

Post a Comment