Written to my soon-to-be Ex Husband
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:12:19 -0400
I am letting go of possibilities
that you and I could ever agree
that you and I could care for each other
time to let go and seek another
I need to be loved and cared about
not stepped upon and done without
I need the guidance of a man who cares
for me and mine, not selfish wares
I need the protection of a man
who tries to do the best he can
not one who feels his only task
is to come and go and wear a mask
Many years we've mourned, a time to grieve
the death of what was never meant to be
but we forced it through, anyway
it is time to walk from its death today
It is obvious together we will never be
You don't have the will to be a we
I don't have the desire to try again
just want to walk away and let it end
I won't miss you when you are gone
you've never been here to lean on
I won't be sad or lonely because
you've never returned a shred of love
I wanted so much for the seeds we planted
to have the best, not be taken for granted
to have two parents who put them first
and withstood together through the worst
But want in one hand and crap in the other
I cannot go on like this, no love to uncover
I cannot trust that you will ever give
and allow a love to grow and live
I cannot trust that you will try to take care
of the family we are supposed to share
Your words are empty, no actions taken
I never believed anyway, so I am not shaken.
But the children are and continue to be
as long as we pretend to feel
They can see it, sense it, hear it,
The end is there, they no longer fear it.
You only care for your own fears
which only gives the children more tears
go away, they will visit often
walk away from the marriage in its coffin.
No comments:
Post a Comment