Sunday, April 14, 2013

HIS way

Everything I built my life to be
was supposed to be a reflection of me
Each of my children, to lead and be a scholar
to succeed in life as measured by the dollar

But I failed in all of those measures
I put my hope and trust in treasures
I put my life in the hands of a man
who couldn't live up to it, but who can

But it was the wrong man I put my faith in
The one I was looking for was HE who had no sin
HE is showing me that HIS measure is the one that matters
All others fall short, and cause your life to  shatter

The treasure that I sought was that which caused me pain
A life full of things is not a life of gain
Money and things cannot fill the gap
the hole inside, the emptiness, the lack

It can truly only be filled by the MAKER,
a constant relationship with the CREATOR,
He made us to love him, and to seek him
He made us to be spiritual, and be like him

Every time we stray from the path HE has for us
we lose more peace, we lose our closeness
He knows the way, Go we must
HIS way, HIS timing,  in HIM we trust.

but HIS way is the way that leads to Glory


No comments:

Post a Comment