Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:57:54 -0400
I have always been
a support for you
when times looked like
you wouldn't get through
But you let me do too much
I provided so much love
you never would have thought
it would bend and brake
and fall apart
But then again... you never returned my love
I was a rock while you were weary
a shield while you were weak
a pillow for your comfort
a pillar when things looked bleak
But I was not supposed to be a carpet
I have so much love to give
so much joy to share
too bad it wasn't returned
and you didn't care
Guess I will give it to someone else
You have relied on me
to take care of all the tasks
and all the children
and everything you asked
But I couldn't rely on you for even one thing
What was before
could have been again
but you won't change
so now the end
It is truly time to say goodbye
I needed you
to be strong
and prove the love
you spoke of all along
But you don't want to put forth any effort
I needed to
rely on you
to push and pull
to get us through
But again, that's not really your thing
Strong words spoken
here and there
but only empty words
with no real care
I hope you find someone you can be real with and that you care to try with. Good bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment